Immigration Direct

Form Services - Simplifying Immigration®


Expand / Collapse

Travel Restrictions on K-1 Visa

Expand / Collapse

Last Modified:Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Travel Restrictions on K-1 Visa

Are there Travel Restrictions on a K-1 Visa?

A K-1 Visa holder should not plan to leave the U.S. until an Application to Adjust Status to Permanent Resident has been filed and an Application for Advance Parole has been approved. Assuming that the U.S. citizen and K-1 fiancé(e) get married close to the three month limit, and considering that it will probably take about three months for the Application for Advance Parole to be approved, a K-1 Visa holder can expect to wait approximately six months after entering the US to obtain authorization to travel abroad.

If you need assistance in selecting fiancé(e) visa application, please complete the Questionnaires that appear on our website.  Please click here to take the Questionnaire.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice but general information on issues commonly encountered when dealing with immigration matters. Immigration Direct is not affiliated with the United States government, is not a law firm, and is not a substitute for an attorney or law firm. Immigration Direct does not provide legal advice, opinions or recommendations to its users about their possible legal rights, legal remedies, legal defenses, legal options or legal strategies, selection of forms, or answers to specific questions on forms. Immigration Direct only provides self-help services at a user's direction. Communications between you and Immigration Direct are not protected by any privilege. Purchase price does not include application or filing fees that may be charged by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services or by any other agency. Please note that your access to and use of this site is subject to Immigration Direct's Terms of Use, which, by using this site, you are agreeing to.

The "Immigration Direct" mark and the "Simplifying Immigration" mark are service marks registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office under the laws of the United States of America.

Copyright © 2007-2014 Immigration Direct. All Rights Reserved.