Expand / Collapse

I-821D Application for Deferred Action Childhood Arrivals...

Expand / Collapse

Last Modified:Tuesday, September 05, 2017

I-821D Application for Deferred Action Childhood Arrivals Requirement

What are the supporting documents needed to file Form I-821D?

There are certain documents that you must provide in order to file I-821D,. Not all of these are required and you should use your best judgment to find the documents that make your case the best. The USCIS has suggested these documents to prove your adherence to the requirements:

        To establish your identity:
o   A passport,
o   Birth certificate,
o   An ID document from your original country with either a photo portrait or a fingerprint,
o   Employment Authorization Documents,
o   Expired Visas,
o   Driver’s licenses,
o   Other State ID,
o   School ID with a portrait,
o   Military ID with a portrait.

        To show that you entered the United States before you were 16:
o   A passport with a dated stamp,
o   An Arrival/Departure card that was issued to you upon entry to the United States,
o   If you happen to have a document from an immigration department that states the date when you entered the country that will suffice,
o   Travel tickets that establish an arrival time such as airline, ocean-line or bus tickets,
o   School records that establish your attendance in public school and therefore residing in the United States,
o   Medical records that establish that you were present in the United States before age 16,
o   Or official religious records.

        To show that you were in the United States illegally on June 15th, 2012
o   If you were here legally on a non-immigrant visa, but the visa expired on or before June 15th, you’re Arrival/Departure Card will work,
o   The charging document used to place you into removal proceedings by either INS or DHS,
o   Final orders of exclusion, deportation or removal,

        To establish that you were in the United States on June 15, 2012 and have resided in the United States for at least five years prior to that date:
o   Rent receipts,
o   Power, gas or other utility bills for June,
o   An employment record that establishes you in the United States at that time,
o   School records like transcripts or grade cards,
o   Military personnel records,
o   Medical records that show that you were in the United States on June 15th,
o   Religious records, such as if you were a witness to a wedding on June 15th,
o   Money order receipts,
o   Passport entries, 
o   Birth certificates of your children, 
   Bank transactions,
o   Correspondence,
o   A Social Security card,
o   Car license receipt,
o   Car title,
o   Car registration,
o   Deeds,
o   Mortgages,
o   Rental agreements,
o   Contracts,
o   Tax receipts,
o   Insurance policies,
o   Postmarked Letters,
        To establish your academic credentials:
o   If you are currently enrolled in a school you can provide transcripts and report cards to that fact,
o   A diploma,
o   A certificate of completion,
o   A GED (General Education Development certificate).
        To prove your honorable discharge from the United States military or Coast Guard:
o   Form DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty,
o   NGB Form 22, National Guard Report of Separation and Record of Service,
o   Military Personnel records,
o   Military Health Records.

        A record of all your trips outside of the United States during the five year period before June 15th, 2012:
o   Arrival/Departure Cards,
o   Passport entries,
o   Travel tickets,
o   Hotel receipts,
o   Evidence of departure reasons,
o   Advance Parole documents,
        If you have been in removal proceedings before, or are currently engaged in them, you will also need to provide documents related to this action.
o   Bank transactions, 
o   Correspondence,

Once you have gathered all the required documents, you can immediately start your Deferred Action application I-821D.

PLEASE NOTE: The USCIS is currently not accepting new applications. Only those who have held DACA status may apply untill October 5, 2017. After that date, the USCIS will no longer accept any applications.